- I've organised a roofer. He's going to fix the cracked tiles this week, for £70 plus VAT all in.
- My bike's MOT will be sorted on Monday, after some work at the weekend on the bike. Total cost ~£75, including MOT. Will probably need to get a (UK) headlight for it at some point though. Unforutnately this does mean I won't make it to the bike thing this Saturday. Never mind, I've got other things I should be doing.
- I've got to grips with my pension; when the major house stuff is out of the way I will be significantly increasing contributions to it I suspect.
- I should have a new bank card through soon, and then I can renew my bike insurance and order a new driving license. Which I will stop carrying round in my wallet, I think.
- Talking of major house stuff, I just have the master bedroom to clear and decorate (including fixing the flooring in one spot, putting up a stud wall and getting the plasterers in for the ceiling) before ev1ldonut can finally move up to Cheltenham. Exciting!
In a fit of pique last week I bought a Chromecast. Not that this is a review but it works pretty well and has made the process of actually getting a…
So the news over the past few months has been about (and really these should all be in quotes) austerity, tax avoidance by big corporations, UK taxes…
So this is another probably obvious and trivial observation about human nature: Companies often form hierarchies that reflect general social…