- I couldn't find my degree certificate (yes I did think at the time that it's not going to end up being important, but I will ring the uni today and see if they can't fax me a copy for now, and request a duplicate to be posted to me).
- My suit's been nibbled by moths! Argh! The trousers are fine, but the jacket has two tiny but noticable holes. Ruined! That's fairly annoying (and not good for stress levels). I'm just going to wear the trousers I think.
- Last night I ended driving back to my house twice from kissycat1000's where I was staying to pick up first my belt, then my good shoes.
- ev1ldonut very kindly polished my shoes, and the iron wasn't horribly against me this time so I managed to get the wrinkles in the right place on my shirt.
- I managed to get back in touch with my old unix mentor - she's one of the top people in her field (network security), and she's agreed to give me a reference, so that's a big plus.
In a fit of pique last week I bought a Chromecast. Not that this is a review but it works pretty well and has made the process of actually getting a…
So the news over the past few months has been about (and really these should all be in quotes) austerity, tax avoidance by big corporations, UK taxes…
So this is another probably obvious and trivial observation about human nature: Companies often form hierarchies that reflect general social…