- I couldn't find my degree certificate (yes I did think at the time that it's not going to end up being important, but I will ring the uni today and see if they can't fax me a copy for now, and request a duplicate to be posted to me).
- My suit's been nibbled by moths! Argh! The trousers are fine, but the jacket has two tiny but noticable holes. Ruined! That's fairly annoying (and not good for stress levels). I'm just going to wear the trousers I think.
- Last night I ended driving back to my house twice from kissycat1000's where I was staying to pick up first my belt, then my good shoes.
- ev1ldonut very kindly polished my shoes, and the iron wasn't horribly against me this time so I managed to get the wrinkles in the right place on my shirt.
- I managed to get back in touch with my old unix mentor - she's one of the top people in her field (network security), and she's agreed to give me a reference, so that's a big plus.
As you may have known, my role was recently made redundant. I've just been told they'll be making me an offer for the role of Non-Production Support…
This is my first full day at home. Gardening leave. Such an innocuous term for the hunt for another source of income. I was fairly discouraged when I…
I have just checked my bank account, expecting the worst (I mean, I've told you all about my extravagance over the last month, plus I've been off…