So, after my funny five minutes yesterday morning, I seem to be in a better mood. I'm not feeling 100% by any means, but things are coming together:
- I've organised a roofer. He's going to fix the cracked tiles this week, for £70 plus VAT all in.
- My bike's MOT will be sorted on Monday, after some work at the weekend on the bike. Total cost ~£75, including MOT. Will probably need to get a (UK) headlight for it at some point though. Unforutnately this does mean I won't make it to the bike thing this Saturday. Never mind, I've got other things I should be doing.
- I've got to grips with my pension; when the major house stuff is out of the way I will be significantly increasing contributions to it I suspect.
- I should have a new bank card through soon, and then I can renew my bike insurance and order a new driving license. Which I will stop carrying round in my wallet, I think.
- Talking of major house stuff, I just have the master bedroom to clear and decorate (including fixing the flooring in one spot, putting up a stud wall and getting the plasterers in for the ceiling) before ev1ldonut can finally move up to Cheltenham. Exciting!